Translational biomedical research group in uveal melanoma
Barcelona Melanoma Uveal
A multidisciplinary team of professionals from Bellvitge University Hospital, Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL), and the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO–L’Hospitalet) in Barcelona, Spain.
To improve the life expectancy of patients with uveal melanoma. With this aim in mind, our group works to facilitate patient access to high-quality health care, including both diagnosis and treatment. We seek to reduce the barriers between basic research and clinical specialists.
We believe that there is an unmet need, in Spain and around the world, for multidisciplinary teams that take a comprehensive approach to solving the problems faced by patients with uveal melanoma. We believe that treatment can be improved by integrating the discoveries of basic research into routine clinical practice to improve diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
- Understanding. Through our actions and words, we create an environment of care for our patients.
- Integrity. We work together to earn the trust of our colleagues and patients.
- Excellence. In both diagnosis and treatment.
- Multidisciplinary unit. Biologists, biochemists, ophthalmologists, oncologists, and pathologists, all working together.
- Research. Developing new tools to improve the diagnosis and treatment of uveal melanoma.